Attune: To tune in to the Self. To get quiet and listen. To slow down and allow the layers within your humanness + your soul to align and integrate. To meet yourself and call forward your connection within and with the Divine co-creating the most magnificent, miraculous and expansive journey of awakening.
~definition by Jenny Emblom
This word, and the meanings behind it, have resonated with me for many many years. As I’ve pondered the term attune, I realized that my ten bodies (we all have these!) and the chakra centers are an instrument that require dedicated time and attention to tune and play. So like a musician, I am committed to not only becoming a master of my instrument, but also keeping it regularly attuned in service to experiencing greater harmony + purpose in my life.
When I asked one of my teachers, Guru Singh, at a recent Kundalini yoga teacher training, what attune means to him, he replied, “Tuning your instrument to the Cosmos, allowing them to support you.” It was such a mystical yet simple answer and one that resonates for me in many ways. I love how he took the word a step beyond the instrument, acknowledging how opening ourselves, aligning and allowing the expansion can amplify our attunement. This is such a reminder of the importance of daily practice.
After a recent cleanse which is one source of attuning, I have woken up feeling really clear and open. I sleep soundly for 8-10 hours feeling mentally refreshed, physically nourished, spiritually awake, and free of inflammation, anxiety and fear. I feel expansive and open to all possibilities. I am experiencing great alignment and miracles are flowing into my life. Significant details suddenly started falling into place for a project that I am working on. Challenges appear less sticky while synchronicities accelerate. For me, this is the bi-product of attunement.
As I continue to explore the landscape of this word, I’ve begun to examine how I intentionally bring attunement into my life – the practices that make “my music” harmonious. One might ask, how does one attune? Well, I’ve put together a short list for you to explore and try what resonates for you.
- Hiking, Yoga, Interval Training: all of these practices support me to sweat, move and get into my body. This also allows my body to release toxins, activate blood flow and clear stagnation. All in service to vitality throughout my entire being.
- Immersing into Nature has profoundly supported me in tuning in and discovering what needs refining. Every time I hike, swim in the River or surf in the Ocean I have a new experience and feel supported in extraordinary ways. This time in Nature not only enhances my physical strength and activates my senses, but supports me to quiet mental chatter, creates clarity, opens my heart and initiates greater receptivity.
- Clean, nourishing food is another crucial tool for my physical attunement, ensuring my body receives an abundance of nutrients, replenishing my cells and supporting optimum health. Everything we put into our body impacts us. I’ve learned to slow down and tune in when making a decision about what to eat and drink. As I pump the brakes, I’m better equipped to listen to my intuition and notice how a particular food or drink will make me feel and affect me in the long term. I often ask the questions, “What foods will leave me feeling clear and nourished?, What will support me in feeling light and grounded at the same time? and How will my body digest this food?” Also, important to note that I am committed to doing a cleanse once a quarter to support consistent maintenance and clarity.
- My daily morning Sadhana that weaves meditation, kriyas, chanting and silence cleanses the subconscious, assists with deeper connection to Self and the Divine and creates space for clarity and creativity.
- Because attunement is intrinsically linked with our inner experiences, I regularly ask myself the following questions before, during and after meditation: “Where do I want to channel more of my focus? How can I serve today? Please reveal unconscious patterns that are causing suffering in my life. Show me next steps to experience the life I envisioned for myself.”
- Taking time to observe the inner workings of my consciousness, then shoring up the courage to heal the wounds, has been one of the most potent practices that serves my attunement. I often reflect through journaling, talk therapy, and tapping.
- Reading an inspiring or healing book on my own or in a book club is an opportunity to see the journey through another’s lens. Choosing a book that moves me (and I am committed to reading) can support with great insights and expansion.
- Prayer is a daily practice that offers a space for humility, reverence and gratitude to come forward. During this sacred time, I also find myself asking the Divine specific questions and requesting clear guidance.
- Meditation, listening and sitting in the silence are powerful ways to allow and experience Divinity. As they say "Prayer is talking to the Divine. Meditation is listening to it."
Creating rituals around the Moon cycles has been a profoundly supportive practice for me. Whether I sit with other Women or drop into a process on my own, I find it powerful to attune to the Moon. As the Moon takes its time to reset, renew and rest each month, so do we. As we traverse different cycles, emotional experiences, and our relationship to the light and the dark— we’re traveling around those feelings the same way the moon travels around the Earth. The more attuned we are to these phases and how they align within us, the better we can harness the cosmic energy.
- Breathwork is an ancient practice that is supporting many people with awareness, healing and inner peace. Many are experiencing spiritual awakenings, releasing childhood trauma and moving stagnant energy. Committing to a breathwork class every two weeks is deeply supportive and undoubtedly reveals new material to consider and work with.
Experiencing the power of attunement has made me realize that these practices must be a priority. Whether it’s a hike, meditation, writing, singing, breathing, or any of the others and more - I must commit to weaving at least one of these into my life every day. Even if it’s an abbreviated version, I do it. At this point, it truly is a non-negotiable for me. With the external noise and distractions, we must honor our need for attunement hygiene. This level of commitment supports my instrument to experience harmony and proves to the mind, body and soul that I am tending to self and that my wellbeing is important to me. It communicates that I am ready to heal and evolve. It allows for my fullest expression which in turn cultivates radical self love and assists me to love others unconditionally with compassion. Isn’t that what the world needs more of these days?
To support you: we are offering a sacred, short and effective 25 minute practice that will provide a container to move your body (possibly even sweat!), cleanse the subconscious mind and connect within. Who doesn’t need this right now? ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Join us every Tuesday at 7.30 am PST and be done by 7.55 am PST. Get ready to move, meditate and walk away feeling inspired for the day!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
FREE offering @attuneexperience on IG Live! Tune in and see you there!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.